Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Christmas Commitment!

I decided a couple of days ago, that this christmas I am endeavouring to make as many christmas gifts as I possibly can. Its not the best timing in some ways, as I am 5 mnths pregnant and the baby will be born sometime around Christmas(at this stage hoping after!). But I have thought about this over the past couple of years so I want to do it.

My plans
I want to make mini hampers for friends using homemade foods. My thoughts have gone to making a yummy pesto, lemon curd/butter and either shortbread or fudge. I also have come across an awesome idea that I found on Etsy
where these people make cupcakes in a jar. So I am going to attempt this idea with some of my own ideas.
For my nephews and nieces, the younger ones anyway, I want to make camo crayons. This concept I discovered also on Etsy. Where you melt down broken up crayons in moulds. Whack them in the oven and then cool. You get awesome crayons in awesome shapes and multi colours. I like to make jewelry to my older nieces and nephews will get jewelry appropriate for their gender.
For my kids, I am going to make them each a patchwork quilt. I am realistic, I know that I may not get to all of them by christmas but their birthdays are not long after christmas, so I can aim for then if I don;t have it done by Christmas.
The kids will get a toy or two but I want them to have things they will hopefully treasure for many years to come. I have made them things before and they have still love them, so I want to capitalise on that while I can still get away with it!!!!
So I have a busy time ahead of me, but I enjoy this type of thing, and now I have a good excuse to spend all my free time making things and being creative. I will add things and pics as I go along.

No comments: