Wednesday, August 27, 2008

UNUSAL CRAVINGS.............DOLMAS

As mention I love my food! Another unsual craving I think most poeple would not relate to is lebanese vine leaf rolls or Dolmas. I can down about 6 of these in one go. They generally are small, about 4 cm long and maybe 2 cm wide, sometimes bigger, but I think the smaller ones tend to be the nicest. You can find these little tasties at most kebab shops for about 50c each. When looking at them make sure they look fresh and most. I have had some that are so dry and gross and really taste like they have been pluck from a can. You want to have ones that a made fresh. The vine leaf is on the outside and inside is rice with a lemony-mint and vinegar taste. The traditional way to eat them so I have been told is with Garlic sauce, but I enjoy them just as much on their own. Anyway is a great little treat to taste.
I love to try new stuff and I am well known in my family for doing so. When I met James he didn't know about about unusal or different food. But now he loves his Thai, sushi, Pide, and heaps of other things he most likely would never have considered to try. One of my goals in life is to do tour of the world, eating at interesting places and gathering great recipes and ideas. I would of course squeeze in site seeing and shopping, but the food is what I like the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turkish Pide is yummy, Jacqui had me try that one, I've not seen them here in America though.
Food can be great I certainly have my favourites, in this pregnancy though for me food seems to be a real pain in the neck, hardly anything tastes great! And some things I normally love taste blah...
At church on Sunday someone said what is something you would want to do were money no option. My first thought was try all the food I could or would love before I die, I'd hate to think I missed out and was only left with Manna!
One of Toby and my goals is the go to the Greek Islands and chill with the natives and eat all the good food and relax by the waters edge, it will happen.

Natalie Que said...

I didn't know you had a blog! You never signed in when you left comments before you crazy!

No I know, you can't hide anymore! Thanks for your comment on my blogs, it makes it so fun. I especially relish the comments from people I actually KNOW -but I don't hate the ones from perfect strangers either!

Thanks Courtney!