Thursday, September 18, 2008

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA = SICKNESS!!!!

Last Wednesday evening my lovely mum and younger sister Gabs shouted me to a night out at the theatre. It was a secret until we arrived at the Lyric Theatre and I found out it was Phantom of the Opera. It was a pleasant surprise because I would have never considered taking myself or convincing James to take me. We had really great seats. We were I think the fourth or fifth row from the front and almost in the middle. We had such a great view. I feel like I have lived on Mars or something because I didn't know the story of the Phantom so was absolutley shocked when I found out how horrible and murderous he was. I was expecting a gentle man like Quasemodo from the Hunch Back of Notre Dam (disney version of course!!) So that was a shock but the singing, the props, the atmosphere was amazing and I was so grateful that my sister and mum organised the night for me.Gabs took me and it was nice to spend time with her.
Now for the meaning of the sickness in the title. My sister had been really sick the week before and was still getting over it. She offered me a few sips of her Diet Coke, and I thought, well I
had been a little sick myself, I am sure it won't affect me, right??! Well, too late! I was starting to feel off the very next day and by Friday I was completely out! I felt horrid. I was sore and achey, my sinus was blocked and i was coughing all the time. I am just starting to feel better now. I couldn't believe just a few sips of her drink would affect me not just so quickly but so badly. Anyway I am feeling better. So now when I think of my Phantom night its slightly tinted with the memory of being so sick the next day!

No comments: