Thursday, September 18, 2008

SUMMER SPLASH SLUSHY RECIPE

One thing i love about summer is icy drinks, with a straw,yes the straw must be added!!! The weather of late has been rather warm which has been nice, as its not too hot, its just right. Anyway I love icy things especially when the weather is warm, and especially when I'm pregnant!
So I put together a yummy mixture of ice, fruit, and cordial and made a really yummy slushy which I thought I would share. Now I know I should have a picture but I just keep forgetting to take a pic before I eat. I know I will get better at this.

Recipe

about 8 ice cubes (medium to large)
Pineapple - I had some fresh cut up, but about1/2 cup of diced or crushed would do.
Mango diced - I had a jar of mango(Select brand from Woolworths) and used 2 cheeks which were smallish.
1/2 cup cold water
Splash of cordial (this is all I had, juice would be a better option you could use any kind)

Put ice in first with a bit of the water and the fruit pieces. Blend until smooth. Add the cordial or juice and blend a little just to mix.
When I serve, I add just a little of soda water to help fizz it up. Lemonade(Sprite for Americans) could be used but I find this makes it a little too sweet and takes away the flavour of the fruit.

Enjoy!

Of course you can adapt many fruits to this drink. Frozen fruit works well too. I sometimes use frozen and put a couple less ice cubes. This is just a yummy cool drink which is just the thing on a warm day.

PS Don't forget the straw!!!


No comments: